Wednesday 11 January 2017

PERSONAL | Goals for 2017


This particular type of post is circling the blogosphere at this moment in time, due to it being a New Year and all that (if you hadn't already heard) and I thought that I would join in and create some realistic goals for myself to achieve.

I need a post like this to look back on every now and then to keep my motivation in high spirits and spur me on to complete all of these goals before the end of this year arrives too quickly and bites us on the bum, just as 2016 did.

I haven't felt very motivated or inspired these past few months and I'm hoping that will change now that a new year has arrived, but I also just wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone who supports my little blog by either reading it or leaving me a lovely comment - I really appreciate it.

So let's see what my goals for 2017 are:

Blog More ~ I was doing really well with creating a lot of content on my blog over the Summer, but then I lost my motivation and posts were pretty sparse throughout the rest of the year especially during Winter. I want to keep to at least two posts a week and make sure that they are the best they possibly can be.

Set up my Etsy Shop ~ I have been thinking about setting up an Etsy shop for a little while now, I just never really knew what to sell on there. However, now I'm thinking of selling photograph's that I've taken as I've always had a passion for photography - this was the main reason for setting up my blog, as I just love to take photo's. I would be really grateful if you guys would take a quick look at my shop - (link here).

Post More on YouTube ~ I've had my YouTube channel for over two years now and dabbled with it a little bit here and there, but never been too serious about it. Just because it takes up so much time which I don't have, what with a full time job. You also need to be fairly confident which I'm not at all, so it's actually quite difficult to sit in front of a camera and talk to yourself and also try and be yourself without being shy. However, this year I'm hoping to post more makeup videos which will coincide with my blog.

Post More on Instagram ~ I love Instagram. Possibly a bit too much. I need to start posting more and growing my audience on there, which will really help to boost my blog and also I love pretty pictures so I have no excuse for not taking them! I'm aiming to finally get my following past 4,000 followers, as I've been stuck at 3,000 for a whole year now.. Yes, I do know that not everything is about followers but I'm a little unsure as to why I'm losing them since my content is much better and cleaner than before..

Explore More ~ I'm always quick to judge the UK and wish that I lived somewhere else, which is really bad because I haven't ventured much around the UK so I have no idea what it has to offer. This year will be the year I visit different places, either for a little day trip or a weekend away and just appreciate the beautiful country that I live in. 

Have a Clear Out ~ Too much "stuff" is not good and I have way too much. For the past year I have been selling my clothes on both eBay and Depop which has been really good, however I still have a box full under my bed that needs selling and I also need to go through everything else in my room and decide what I really don't need. I am in serious need of a de-clutter as my room is constantly messy which stresses me out.

Do More Exercise ~ So cliche, I know. This is always everyone's 'New Year's Resolution' and I hate to jump on the bandwagon and join everyone else, but I need to take up another exercise class this year or at least do a workout DVD once a week. Exercise always makes me feel better and more positive, so I need to try and set a realistic goal like this one that I will actually stick to.

Potentially Re-decorate my Room ~ I've been toying with the idea of re-decorating my room for a good few months now, preferably to white and grey. At the moment it's pink and white with a Cath Kidston patterned wallpaper and matching bedding. I just fancy something a little more simplistic that I won't get bored of. However, I am quite attached to my wallpaper so this one may or may not happen. If it does, there will of course be a before and after post for you all to see.

Save my Half of the House Deposit ~ My boyfriend and I are saving up for a house deposit to finally move out together. We're hoping to be moved out by the beginning of 2018 and I seriously need to get my ass into gear and save up a lot of money. I'm not even half way yet, but I can promise you that I will have my half by the end of the year.

Choose Happy ~ The past few months I've been a pretty miserable soul and negative Nancy, which needs to change now. At the end of the day, I'm the only one who's in charge of letting myself be unhappy and it needs to stop. If I'm unhappy with something then I need to change it and just get on with it. I'm the only one in charge of my happiness and life is too short to not be happy. 

2017 is my year of positivity and I aim to keep myself in high spirits throughout the year. Let's support each other as fellow bloggers and build up each other's confidence and motivation. Let's make 2017 great :)

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

What are your personal goals for 2017?xoxo

♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Quite a few of our goals are similar, exercising more and redecorating my room are deffo at the top of my list though! xx

    www.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig