Monday 6 March 2017

TIPS | 5 Great Ways to Declutter Your Wardrobe

Here are a few tips to help declutter your wardrobe...
I'm always conscious of the fact that I own too many items of clothing (I also get told this on a daily basis *cough* mum and boyfriend *cough*), but I just can't help it! I love clothes way too much! I'm such a hoarder when it comes to clothing as well and I always dread the thought of throwing stuff out, even though I literally only wear half of my wardrobe..
So I thought this post would be a great idea to share to try and help some of my fellow clothing hoarder's (I see you..).

1. Take a step back and l o o k - what immediately catches your eye and makes you think 'do I really need this?'.

2. Grab a section at a time - this helps with the process of elimination as you can clearly see everything you have, but in small doses so it's not overwhelming. I find I definitely get rid of more this way.

3. Try it on - if you're unsure about throwing something out, try it on first and think to yourself 'will I actually wear this again?' 'is it really 'me'?'. I try so many of my clothes on to get the confirmation I need to throw it away. Sometimes things just don't fit how they used to, or may seem a bit young and unflattering now you haven't worn it in a while.

4. Be r u t h l e s s - I know it sounds silly, but throwing away clothes can be a little difficult and daunting sometimes. Especially when you've spent money on them and have only worn that particular item once or twice, but it's better to get rid of it than to hoard it and run out of space for newer entries.

5. Double check - I always do this. I go back through my wardrobe again and most of the items that have been a 'maybe', normally end up being a no and then I've got rid of even more - which always makes me a lot happier and more satisfied.

These are just a few simple tips I follow to ensure I'm not keeping hold of any unwanted clothing, that is taking up unnecessary space in my wardrobe.
I do admit though, that when I move out I will have/own a walk-in wardrobe. I've always dreamed of having one of these, but the decluttering won't stop when I do have one (I hope)!


♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

What decluttering tip do you swear by?xoxo


♡ BlogLovin' | Tumblr | Instagram | Twitter 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a lovely comment. I read and reply to every single one and I really do appreciate you taking the time to leave me positive feedback. Any further questions, feel free to contact me at lotty103@hotmail.co.uk xo

Charlotte Lane ♡

© Charlotte Lane ♡. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig